Friends, we continue to inform you about the events of the Rotary Club of Almaty.
After the change of Presidents and Boards of Rotary around the world (July 1 annually), our Club was visited by the new Governor of District 2430 Emre Ozturk with his wife Gulje and his wonderful team:
Deniz Gursoi (District Secretary), Mosud Mannan – Political Assistant governor (Ambassador of Bangladesh to Turkey), Suleiman Girit – Regional Coordinator of the Rotary Foundation, Hasan Akbayrak Past Governor 2018-2019.
• Meeting with the Board of rotary Club of Almaty;
• Cultural and entertainment program;
• Seminar for both Rotary clubs of the southern capital: ours - RCA and Almaty International Rotary Club;
• exchange of pennants between the district and our Club;
• exchange of flags between the district and the Rotary Club "Saratov Center" represented by its paste presidents Natalia Larina and Dmitry Lugovoi
We presented to the head of the district a new strategy for our development:
• programs of access to clean drinking water and environmental safety, comfort of the urban environment;
• expansion of international grant cooperation in the areas of support for children's health and covid medicine,
• revival of the Vienna Balls in Almaty;
• Rotary scholarships and friendly Rotary exchanges,
• reactivation of the youth Rotarian movement (rotaract + interact),
• Establishment of rotary intercountry committees,
• long-term partnership with local and central authorities to achieve sustainable development goals and address the city's pain points,
• and much more.
At a training seminar for Almaty Rotarians dedicated to fundraising and global grants, we got acquainted with new trends and technologies of public financing, global grant, rotary international vision of the development of patronage culture.
Mutual assistance of rotary clubs and funds will significantly expand patronage opportunities and support even more those in need in Almaty and KZ. Raising the economy of the city and the country is the duty of Rotary ministry. Which is always above itself!
At the end of the meeting, we presented to the Governor the pearl of our program - the Almaty Fountains project, which will revive the spirit of the old historical Almaty and give impetus to the development of our beloved city as an international tourist center. We promise to tell you more about this project in the near future...